Connect with us

Sports

Allegri And juventus Part Ways

Spread the love

 

A failure to win the Champions League after signing Cristiano Ronaldo appears to have cost the coach his job
Juventus have announced that head coach Massimiliano Allegri will leave the club at the end of the 2018-19 season.
The Italian boss’ future has been in question since being dumped out of the Champions League at the hands of Ajax, with the Italian champions having been firmly among the favourites to lift the crown.
Indeed, two finals have been reached during Allegri’s five-year spell at the club and the arrival or Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer was seen as the final piece of the puzzle required for the Old Lady to go all the way.

Having failed to do so, the Bianconeri and the 51-year-old are set to part ways in the summer. A statement on the club’s website reads:
“Massimiliano Allegri will not sit on the Juventus bench in the 2019-2020 season.
“The coach and the president, Andrea Agnelli, will meet the media together at a press conference, which will be held tomorrow, Saturday 18 May, at 2pm (CET) in the conference hall of the Allianz Stadium.”
No statements have been made by either party as to where Allegri – who has won five Scudetti, four Coppa Italia trophies and two Supercoppa Italiana titles during his time in Turin – will end up next season.
Chelsea could be an option for the Italian, with Maurizio Sarri’s future up in the air following an inconsistent season, while Bayern Munich could also be interested as they look set to part ways with Niko Kovac in the summer.
As for who will take over from Allegri, Antonio Conte’s recent admission that there is a 60 per cent chance he would return to coach in the Italian top flight next term could put him in the frame, though the former Italy boss has also been linked with Roma and Inter.

Jose Mourinho is also out of work since being released by Manchester United last year, and the Portuguese trainer has said that he will only return to coaching if the right club with the right ambitions becomes available.
In a recent interview with L’Equipe, Mourinho was asked about the possibility of taking over at Paris Saint-Germain after stating that he knew the reasons behind their European exit at the hands of United, but would not comment due to Thomas Tuchel already being at the club.
Still, the Portuguese’s close relationship with sporting director Antero Henrique and excellent track record in the Champions League continues to see rumours of a move to the Parc des Princes dugout swirl.

On A Grace Of God Diet - God Is The Greatest - PR - @47vibez Media - Founder - @Olodo360 - !! Powered By Grace. Email @ [email protected]

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Bayern Munich confirms interest in Manchester City star

Published

on

Spread the love
A90DC859 DEE1 4AD3 8C30 1F944EF0F5F2

Bayern Munich president, Uli Hoeness, has confirmed the club is working on a deal for Manchester City’s Leroy Sane.

Sane is the club’s number one choice, to replace outgoing veteran duo Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery, after Callum Hudson-Odoi’s Achilles injury.

The 23-year-old, who joined City from Schalke for £37million in 2016, made 47 appearances for City in 2018-19, scoring 16 goals.

But only 30 of those games were starts and Sane only completed the full 90 minutes on 16 occasions.

Now, after star striker Robert Lewandowski declared that Sane is “a player who can immediately take us higher, who improves the team”, Hoeness confirmed that they are pushing to land Sane.

“We are dealing with this player,” Hoeness told Suddeutsche Zeitung.

Continue Reading

Sports

Real Madrid Complete The Signing Luka Jovic

Published

on

Spread the love

Luka Jovic has completed a £52.4m (€60m) move to Real Madrid from Eintracht Frankfurt, according to Sky sources.

The 21-year-old Serbia international striker has signed a five-year contract with the Spanish giants, which will earn him £43.7m (€50m) in total or £8.7m a year.

Frankfurt will pay Jovic’s former club Benfica around £10.5m of the transfer fee.

The striker joined Frankfurt on loan from Benfica in the summer and last month the Bundesliga club exercised their option to make the move permanent.

Jovic has scored 17 goals in 31 Bundesliga appearances this season and 10 more in the Europa League, where Frankfurt lost to Chelsea on penalties in the semi-finals.

Continue Reading

Sports

Mane, Salah & Aubameyang Win 2018/2019 Premier League Golden Boot

Published

on

Spread the love

For the first time in the History of the premier league there are three joint winners of the Premier League Golden Boot. Three African players ended the English Premier League season as top scorers with each bagging twenty-two goals in the season under review – 2018/2019.

The three are Gabon and Arsenal’s Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and the Liverpool duo of Sadio Mane (Senegal) and Mohamed Salah (Egypt).

At kickoff of the last round of games, Salah was the sole contender for the award. Mane scored Liverpool’s two goals on the final day to go joint top.

Aubameyang, only in his second season at the Emirates, scored twice in Arsenal’s fixture away to Burnley to also reach the twenty-two mark. Arsenal shared a photo of him having received his award.

The Golden Boot is awarded to the highest scoring player in the league just as the Golden Glove is given to the goalkeeper who keeps the most clean sheets.

Liverpool grossed 97 points but failed to win the league as winners Manchester City got one point more to retain their title. Arsenal on the other hand managed to finish fifth in Unai Emery’s first season in charge.

Liverpool and Arsenal have final season fixtures in continental competitions. Liverpool will face Tottenham in the Champions League final in Madrid whiles Arsenal face Chelsea in the Europa League finals in Baku.

Continue Reading

Mixtapes

Trending