Connect with us

News

CNN HQ In New York City Evacuated After A Suspicious Please Was Found

The Time Warner Center in New York City, home to CNN’s headquarters, was evacuated Wednesday morning after police was called about a suspicious package in the mailroom there.

Evacuated

The evacuation from the sprawling, mixed-use building in the heart of Manhattan, came as news broke about suspicious packages being sent to former president Barack Obama and former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, and two days after an explosive devices was found outside the home of philanthropist George Soros.

A law enforcement official told NBC News that all four packages sent to the Time Warner Center, Obama, Clinton and Soros are “nearly identical.”

CNN was broadcasting out of its Washington, D.C. bureau after the evacuation.

New York police issued an alert warning people to avoid the area around Columbus Circle, the traffic roundabout adjacent to the west side of Central Park. The Time Warner Center is located on Columbus Circle.

A CNN anchor broadcasting from the area reported that police were pushing people two blocks away from the building.

The Time Warner Center, which encompasses 2.8 million square feet of space, contains many high-end retail shops, restaurants, the Mandarin Hotel, luxury condominums, and offices of the Related Companies and the Mack Real Estate Group.

Jeff Zucker, president of CNN, in an email sent to employees worldwide, said the network is “checking all bureaus around the world out of a complete abundance of caution.”

On A Grace Of God Diet - God Is The Greatest - PR - @47vibez Media - Founder - @Olodo360 - !! Powered By Grace. Email @ [email protected]

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Atiku’s Pro-business Plan Receives Applause In The Business Community

Published

on

Atiku’s Pro-Business Plan Receives Applause in the Business Community

The Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate of the PDP; Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Mr. Peter Obi, were at a meeting with the Business community Wednesday, in Eko Hotels and Suites. The meeting had the theme, Getting Nigeria’s Economy Working: A Pragmatic Approach. The business-savvy candidate from the time of launching his campaign has been bent on job creation. He stated earlier that he has created about 45,000 jobs as a private citizen. For many Nigerians, this is enough antecedent to hand over the reins of power to him, considering that every problem Nigeria faces now, can be traced to lack of jobs.

However, Opeyemi Agbaje; the moderator, wanted to know how involved he was in the creation of such plans. The reason is that governments have denied their policies and manifestos in the past. To this, Atiku replied, “This is not the first policy document I’m creating. I want to assure you I was personally involved and participated in crafting the ideas. I worked with the best experts as well.” With this answer, the attendees and indeed other members of the public understood that the aspirant has owned his plans for Nigeria’s economy.

Atiku continued on his experience with policies and documents, “in 2007, when I wanted to run, I worked with experts to produce the Niger Delta Master Plan. When I lost the elections, I handed it over to Yaradua. This document led to the reforms and creation of the Niger Delta Ministry.” On the success and growth of the economy when he was in government, Atiku stated that the secret was that the government always met with the business community and always knew their needs as a result. This led to a 7% economic growth, as opposed to the current 1.8% economic growth rate.

On the gap in infrastructure in the country, Mr. Obi stated, “Fixing Nigeria’s infrastructure must be private sector-led. That is what is obtainable elsewhere. Government does not have the capability to deliver the infrastructure we need now.” Mr. Obi also stated that the idea of allowing government handle infrastructure is behind the debt burden of the economy which in turn reduces money that could have been spent on education and health.

On jobs, which is definitely the biting issue in the country, considering that 2018 saw the nation losing cumulatively 20.9m jobs, Mr. Obi stated that China used MSMEs to drive employment. He stated that small and medium scale enterprises, contribute 60% of China’s economy and Nigeria should learn from them. He had earlier stated that he compares China to Nigeria because they were once as broke as Nigeria, with even more population.

Furthermore, popular actress, Onyeka Onwenu asked about Atiku’s plans for women. Upon that, Atiku stated that he plans on giving 30% of appointment to women and 40% to youths, since they collectively contribute 70% to the population of the country. This is not far from what he has done as a private citizen, given that out of his 45,000 employees, 70% are people 25 to 30 years of age, with half of this population being women. Also, he directed that 80% of loans in a micro-finance bank he runs, be directed to women. He stated that this has led to 92% repayment by the women.

Peter Obi was clear on treating education as an investment, instead of expenditure. He stated that companies who are knowledge-based, make more money than Nigeria. Additionally, Atiku stated that they passed the Universal Basic Education law when he was VP. This law made it compulsory that kids get basic education. As such, he plans on making education a priority, since it is what Nigeria needs. In all of this, the government of Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi plan to be watch dogs. Reducing the size and cost of governance is the first way to make progress in governance.

Continue Reading

News

2 Church Guards Steal Pastor’s Daughter’s Pants

Published

on

Two security guards, Samuel Linus and Adekunle Ogundana, who allegedly stole two underwears belonging to the daughter of a clergyman within a church’s premises in Akure metropolis, were yesterday paraded alongside suspected kidnappers by Ondo State Police Command.

Briefing newsmen in Akure, the state Police spokesperson, Femi Joseph, said the daughter of the clergyman washed two of her pants and spread them on the line at about 8p.m. in the presence of the guards and by 6a.m., next day, the panties disappeared.

Joseph said the suspects, who are attached to the orthodox church, were posted to the apartment, which was highly fortified by a private security outfit in the state. The suspects denied complicity in the offence for which they were paraded. Also paraded by the state Police Command were two suspected Indian hemp dealers, Sunday Femi and Friday Ami, who allegedly hacked a 75-year-old grandmother, Modupe Olorunfemi, to death at her Owo farm.

They killed her for allegedly giving security operatives information about their nefarious planting and selling of Indian hemp in Owo area. The police spokesperson said: “The suspects and their accomplices allegedly killed the old woman. The suspects would be charged to court after the completion of investigation.” In an interview, one of the suspects, Friday, who admitted to be dealing in cannabis business, said: “It was Gbenga that sent us to kill her and he has run away.

“He promised to give us N500,000 for the ‘job,’ but up till today he has not fulfilled his promised, because he is nowhere to be found.“ However, the other suspect, Femi, who denied killing the old woman, said he was a commercial motorcyclist who only conveyed Friday to the village, where the woman was killed. Speaking also on the six suspected kidnappers, the state Police spokesperson, Femi Joseph, said they were arrested at a hideout in Emure-Owo Forest during a raid by the Joint Task Force of the security agencies in the state.

Joseph said the suspected kidnappers were arrested “at about 3a.m. by the joint Task Force codenamed Operation crime free, acting on a tip-off. According to him, the “six suspected kidnappers were picked up at Emure Junction via Owo, where they gathered in a suspicious manner. “The following items were recovered from them: 16 locally-made guns, 17 cutlasses, 13 knives, seven handsets and N27,820 cash.”

Continue Reading

News

Unilag Freshers Seen Climbing Wall To Undergo Their Mandatory Drug Test.

Published

on

Unilag freshers seen climbing wall to undergo their mandatory drug test.

WATCH VIDEO

Continue Reading

Mixtapes

Trending