Amber Rose is turning a new page on Instagram. The feminist activist and author has cleared her IG profile of posts and followers as of Saturday. It is unclear what inspired the decision.
The Instagram wipe comes a few days after Amber spoke out against homophobic responses to her son Bash’s Taylor Swift fandom. After Rose posted a video in which she presented the 5-year-old with Taylor Swift tickets personally sent to the family by Swift herself, certain commenters began to state that Bash was gay based on his taste in music. She called out the conversation as “bullying” and suggested it was this type of thinking that leads youth to consider suicide. “[This is] why our society is so fucked up,” she wrote. “Let’s do better for the next generation people. Grow the fuck up and teach ur kids to love and not hate.”
Amber also recently confirmed her split with 21 Savage, who she had been publicly dating since last year. “To be in a relationship, in general, is very difficult. To be famous and in a relationship is even more difficult,” she said in an interview on Big Boy In The Morning. While she was hesitant to call herself “single,” as she still loves 21, Rose revealed that they now rarely speak.
Rose currently has a following of 16.8 million on Instagram. The clearing of an Instagram has been a promotional tactic used by artists like Future in the past. Is Amber just taking a well-deserved break from social media or does she have a big announcement in the works?
Nigerian Student Emelife Chinelo Stella, has broken a record after winning a historic 20 Gold medals in Masters in Chemistry at the University Of Mysore in India.
Stella was the Best Graduating Student for a Msc from the University of Mysore, India, she was being celebrated and received outstanding honours for her impressive grades and achievements during her program.
According to reports, she graduated with a final grade point (FGP) of 9.263%, Stella received the maximum gold medals from the University, a total of 20 gold medals and five cash prizes at the 99th annual convocation of the university on Sunday.
According to the University of Mysore, this is perhaps the first time in recent years that a foreign student has bagged so many gold medals.
Stella, during her first degree, also graduated the overall best student of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Nigeria, in the 2012/13 set with 4.86 CGPA. “I want to say that I’m stunned, but everyone who grew up in Sokoto has heard of the Emelife excellency and of its torchbearer, Emelife Stella Chinelo, who has, since her primary school, remained top of her class. What we didn’t know, however, is that after receiving an Indian government scholarship to study in its country, she’d go on to top all of its citizens,” said Stellar’s sister Jennifer Emelife, on Facebook.
Tanitoluwa Adewumi, an 8-year-old Nigerian boy, has conquered the world of chess after winning the New York State Chess Championship. Adewumi won the top prize in his age category at the New York game.
In an interview with Newsday, the little boy had spoken about his life as a chess player and what he wishes to achieve as a talented player.
The 8-year-old explained that he prepared for the game by practicing on chess playing sites. He said he was introduced into playing chess in class.
According to the little boy, he likes the game of chess because it is a thinking game. He also noted that his favourite player of all time is his chess coach.
Adewumi revealed that his goal is to become the youngest chess grand-master in the world and also to break the world champion record.
The little boy, who left Nigeria with his family in 2017, started playing the game of chess in 2018. His mother revealed that he only started learning and playing chess a year ago.
Adewumi, his brother, his mother and father had left Nigeria due to attacks by Boko Haram in his hometown.
According to BBC, the family now lives in a homeless shelter in the United States.
At least one person has died and a number of people injured in a mass shooting in Holland, in the central Dutch city of Utrecht on Monday morning, by a man who had possible terrorist motive, local news reports.
One or several gunmen opened fire on a tram in the city centre at around 10.45 local time on Monday morning, before fleeing the scene, witnesses say.
Police say one or multiple assailants are still at large, and have since instructed all schools, as well as mosques and transportation hubs, in the city to keep their doors closed.
Shortly after 12.30 local time, the Dutch government raised the terrorism threat level to the highest possible in the province of Utrecht.
The Dutch anti-terror coordinator Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg said in a statement that the ‘threat level has gone to 5, exclusively for the Utrecht province,’ referring to the highest level. ‘The culprit is still on the run.
Video footage from Utrecht today shows armed anti-terrorism police surrounding a building where the assailant is believed to be located.